- Tim Berners-Lee used NeXT to create the World Wide Web [via Guardian Technology Blog]
- Jonathan Harris is an advisor to Etsy.com, the marketplace for handmade goods. Excellent Visualizations!
- British Monarchy website has podcasts. Insight Magagine needs RSS. It’s much better than Japanese Monarchy’s
- IBM has 40,000 patents, and it records about $1 billion a year in income from patent licensing.
[via IBM Takes On Amazon]
- DVD John reverse engineered Apple’s DRM for iTunes, FairPlay
- Laser TV – even mobile-phone projectors possible
- 145-65 million years ago, the Amazon flowed east to west
- USO – Unusual Swimming Objects – Rare yellowfin tuna made second ever visit to British shores [via the london paper]
- ‘The Day After Tomorrow’ in Britain – Rapid Climate Change could plunge Britain into a big freeze [more here and here]
- Single/Double Summer Time (SDST) and Britain tried UTC+1 all year between 1968 and 1971